Followers

Wednesday 12 September 2012

LIM….at last!

I have been trying to make a card for this weeks ‘Foliage’ Challenge at LIM since Sunday and would you believe all I had to show for my efforts until tonight was five or six disasters. And no I’m not kidding, they were really that bad.

I think my trouble was I was trying to combine to many techniques, colours, stamps, etc, and I was just over egging the pudding. So tonight I pulled out a Clarity corner stamp and stuck to a nice symmetrical layout and here is what I came up with…

Clarity Holly Card (1)   

…I just hope the Holly counts as foliage.

The base is a 15cm square Kraft card blank. The sentiment (from a Hero Arts set) was stamped in Graphite Black Brilliance Ink and then the Holly corner was stamped using Memento Cottage Ivy Ink. The berries were coloured with a Whispers Brush Marker and the sentiment was highlighted with a clear At You Spica Marker. A few red gems and my first completed Christmas card of 2012!

I’m trying to blog my cards as I make them at the moment as otherwise I tend to make things and then weeks later find I’ve forgotten to blog them, but tonight this means it’s got a bit late and I can hear my bed calling. So goodnight and thanks for stopping by.

Lisa

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Just lovely Lisa
Perfectly centered
Great Christmas card


Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...