Followers

Friday 16 March 2012

Last through the Door?

Last week over at LIM I managed to be the last entry. Well guess what…I think it’s going to be me again this week. I actually made three cards last night, but quite late, so planned on photographing and blogging them this morning whilst Little One was still in bed.  Things didn’t go to plan as I woke up with wonky vision and a bit of a headache, a migraine on it’s way, so I took medication and rested as much as I could while Little One was playing. By early afternoon I felt ever so poorly, so when Little One went for nap so did I! After my nap, some tea and a nice refreshing shower I feel so much better, just quite drained so after I’ve posted this I’m off to lie on the sofa and watch a film with hubby (The Guns of Navarone).

All of three cards are pink, tan and brown and I’ve stamped and watercoloured the flowers using various inks. The flower and flourish stamps are Little Claire, the script stamp is Prima Marketing and the sentiments are ‘Happy Birthday’ – Hero Arts and ‘Sending you happy thoughts’  - Kaisercraft.

First card has the best stamped panel but I made a boob with the masking and the flourish on the right hand side is too far to the right (I tried to fill it in but you can see it’s wonky…

IMG_5773

I will rescue this card. As hubby helpfully suggested last night “Can’t you cut the panel out and put on another base?” Well yes….but I had to explain that I couldn’t for LIM as it’s one layer week!!

The second card is identical but I boobed again and the forgot to second stamp the pale pink flourishes, so they are too bright, I washed over them lightly with a water brush which has helped a bit…

IMG_5768

After two failed attempts at that card I tired to vary it slightly, but you know me I’m still not happy. This time the water colouring on the flower has lost some of the definition in the centre of the largest lily. When I get a spare moment I will go back over the lines carefully with a fine line pen.

IMG_5775

You wouldn’t think it but I really do love the LIM challenges, and one day (maybe a long way in the future) I’ll make a card that I’m 100% happy with!!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.

Lisa

3 comments:

Susan said...

You should be happy with all of these...they're beautiful!

Chrissie said...

These are lovely Lisa, what wonderfully delicate colours you have used.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I hope you are now feeling much better. I love your colours and designs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...